Con-Fab California, LLC is a leading manufacturer of precast prestressed products specializing in bridge girders, structural components for buildings, parking structures, and highway pavement. Our company manufactures structural precast such as state of the art bridge girders, double T’s, freeway paving slabs, etc. Con-Fab is a growing company with over 45 years of dedication to our customers. The company is seeking a qualified Engineer for its facility in Lathrop, California.
We are seeking an Engineer who is responsible for assisting in preparing engineering drawings and managing (planning, forecasting, resourcing, etc.) projects in the public and private sectors. The Engineer is responsible for the engineering and technical specification of ongoing projects and properly implementing all project elements. The Engineer is to establish and maintain professional relationships with general contractors, vendors, and staff members during the course of the project and must be able to communicate effectively. The Engineer will work closely with the Chief Engineer, President, other Engineers, Detailers/Drafters and work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of projects.
A successful Engineer should be able to work within a team, both in-house and with project consultants, should have the ability to work with multiple projects, and demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills. Occasionally, the Engineer will be on project jobsites to oversee the installation of products as a representative of Con-Fab.
- Manage assigned projects from beginning to end, including but not limited to quality control, meeting deadlines, and scheduling
- Generate shop drawings by reviewing and preparing designs, drawings, and design specifications to ensure compliance with standards and project requirements using AutoCAD and Bluebeam software
- Ability to identify, communicate, provide recommendations, present alternative solutions, and assist in resolving problems
- Assist in developing programs and procedures for quality assurance and quality control
- Analyze cost and quantity estimates for projects
- Provides engineering support to Detailers/Drafters, production, quality control, and other departments
- Attends construction meetings
- Assist in developing Precast Concrete Erection plans for submittals
- Implement current standards of engineering policies
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance
- Help ensure a safe work environment in the office, plant, and jobsites
- Relevant experience in precast concrete or related field preferred
- Advance knowledge of AutoCAD software and Bluebeam software
- Ability to accurately read, interpret, and communicate design & architectural drawings and specifications
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and prioritize assignments
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations
- The work described will require the ability to be in the plant (yard) and jobsite environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
- Registration/Licensure as a professional engineer is preferred but not required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Work authorization, the right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer
- Outside work: standing, walking in the plant and yard environment
- Jobsite: standing/walking (6 plus hours a day)
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
- Must be able and willing to travel to various job sites, if needed
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Compensation ranges from $80,000 to $130,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications
- Paid time off, health, dental, life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the Engineer. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary.
Con-Fab is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
Con-Fab supports a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position must pass a pre-employment drug test before being hired.