Con-Fab California, LLC is a leading manufacturer of precast prestressed products specializing in bridge girders, structural components for buildings, parking structures, and highway pavement. Our company manufactures structural precast such as state of the art bridge girders, double T’s, freeway paving slabs, etc. Con-Fab is a growing company with over 45 years of dedication to our customers. The company is seeking a qualified Detailer/Drafter for its facility in Lathrop, California.
We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented detailer/drafter who is responsible for working with our engineering team to complete detailed shop drawings and installation layouts for submittal. Responsibilities include ensuring shop drawings and layouts meet required design, safety, and structural standards. As a Detailer/Drafter, you will work closely with the production, engineering, and upper management team.
Detailer/Drafter should be confident, highly organized, have experience working with AutoCAD software, and have a keen eye for detail.
- Follow contract plans, specifications, and calculations to generate accurate shop drawings using AutoCAD
- Identify and communicate potential design problems to the team
- Assist in preparing RFI’s when required
- Assist in developing Precast Concrete Erection plans for submittals
- Implement current standards of drafting policies
- Help ensure a safe work environment in the office, plant, and jobsite
- Relevant experience in precast concrete or related field preferred
- Advance knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task, perform under pressure, and prioritize assignments
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in a relevant field preferred but not required
- AutoCAD certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Work authorization, right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk, working on a computer
- Some outside work (standing, walking in the plant and yard environment)
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
- Must be able and willing to travel to various job sites if needed
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Compensation ranges from $50,000 to $70,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the Detailer/Drafter. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary.
Con-Fab is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
Con-Fab supports a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to being hired.