Con-Fab California, LLC is a leading manufacturer of precast prestressed products specializing in bridge girders, structural components for buildings, parking structures, and highway pavement. The company is seeking a qualified Production/Plant Engineer for its facility in Shafter, California. Ideal candidate to be self-motivated, honest, and a team player. Position is open.
Our Shafter plant is a medium sized plant, great working environment, interesting projects; state of the art bridge girders, double T’s, freeway paving slabs, etc. This is a hands-on position working with the Plant Manager, Superintendent, Inspectors, and Clients to meet quality and production goals in an efficient and professional manner. Con-Fab is a growing company with long term potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help ensure a safe work environment,
- Coordinate material orders and quantities; completes material take-offs, monitors inventory,
- Looks and schedules ahead – forms, materials, drawings, equipment, etc.,
- Responsible for material purchasing (Reinforcing steel, prestress strand, steel embeds, etc.) and coordination to ensure on time quality production,
- Prepares and monitors casting schedules,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently and positively with consultants, inspectors, suppliers, and other organizations,
- Accurately read, interpret, and communicate, contract and shop drawings and specifications,
- Provides AutoCAD details and drawings as needed for planning and production,
- Reads and understands all project requirements – specs, plans, schedules, details, etc,
- Reviews calculations and designs for plant needs; stressing heads, hold downs, formwork, etc.,
- Schedules deliveries of finished product to jobsite,
- Continue to improve themselves through company sponsored webinars, seminars and classes or coursework.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage workload for multiple projects concurrently,
- Learn and comply with company and OSHA safety regulations.
- Excellent computer skills including; MS Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCad,
- Structural precast prestressing and post-tensioning,
- Quality Control and management,
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Office work in an industrial plant environment,
- Occasionally visiting, checking and overseeing work on jobsites during daytime or nighttime shifts for multiple days,
- While on jobsites, standing or walking for several hours at a time,
- While on jobsite frequent walking/standing (6 plus hours a day),
- While on jobsite occasionally climbing of ladders and riding in man lifting equipment,
- While on jobsite position may require some travel, company covers all travel expenses, and provides per diem,
- Prolonged sitting/standing.
Offered to the candidate
Salary based on experience and/or qualifications, medical and dental, 401k, life insurance policy and other benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the Production/Plant Engineer that have or have had this position. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary.
Con-Fab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.
Con-Fab is a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
|Benefits:||· 401K after 1 year, 100% vested
· Medical & Dental
· 125K life insurance policy
· Two weeks’ vacation (first year) and three weeks thereafter.
|Location:||Shafter, California||Compensation:||· Based on experience and/or qualification|
|Starting:||Position is open||Minimum qualification:||· ACI
· PCI Level I, II
|Employment type:||Salary||· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
· EIT certificate
|Employment terms:||Full-time||Experience:||· Experience with structural precast, prestressing and post-tensioning
· Experience working with Cal-Trans and governmental agencies,
· 5+ years in construction in precast industry